10 June 2007

Dave's Bob Graham cakewalk

What a great day.Here's a message from Dave Aspden

"Hello everybody.
Thanks for the fantastic support on my Bob Graham Round it was brilliant to see you all helping out along the way. I had a brilliant day and was delighted with the way it all worked out, the navigators all proved to be spot on with the navigation and the pacers were great company. The pit stops were particularly impressive with all my needs catered for, what else could a man ask for!

We are having a BBQ on Friday night to thank everyone involved on the day, and it would be good to see you all and have a chat. Its at our house ,3 Park Cottages, Natland at about 7.00pm.
Hope to see you there
David and Emma".

(Editor's note) There was one particularly unimpressive pit stop! Last year Dave was a bit behind schedule for the flapjack rendezvous at Beck Head ,whereas this year he was far too quick for me and apparently I missed him/his support by about 5 minutes.
I think that he completed in about 22 hours 20ish????
However I did get a photo of Hazel running in the Ennerdale Horseshoe Race.Just a cool 23 miles and 7500 feet.Well done Hazel.

If anyone else has photos from the day/night let me have them and I'll include then in the slideshow.