26 December 2014

Cathy's NSPCC London Marathon

Cathy Gill is running the 2015 London Marathon in aid of the NSPCC https://www.justgiving.com/cathygillmarathon
and has become a poet too

Hello chaps!
It's that time of year again,
The marathon is back,
We pootle down to London town,
And trot around the track.
If its not quite tough enough,
This year i'm raising money,
For all those little kiddy-winks,
Whose days aren't quite so sunny.

Truly, it's a worthy cause,
I'm sure you will agree,
So dig deep you lovely folk,
For the N-S-P-C-C.
My target is two thousand pounds,
Tis no mean old feat,
So spread the word - that would be grand,
Talk, text, holler and tweet.

Real grateful I am sure they'll be,
Wee fellows with the blues,
For any amount  - lil or large,
I'll don my running shoes.

So yes - I'm cracking out my running shoes again to plod 26.2 miles around the streets of London in aid of those poor lil nippers who depend on the NSPCC for support - National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. 

A donation of any size would be greatly appreciated! It's easy to do via my just giving page on the following link:
https://www.justgiving.com/cathygillmarathon
Have a merry Christmas and I look forward to seeing you all at the do on Sunday!