07 January 2015

Help Alice's fundraising by winning Debbie's artwork!

News about Alice,one of our juniors, trip to the Scouts World Jamboree.

From Debbie
Hello everyone.......help me to help my wee running pal (and scout) Alice, to raise some money. Read on below.....
You can entrust your pound to me and I will get you a ticket or you can email Alice on thesteelefamily@btinternet.com or come along to the Coffee Morning on the 26th, Silverdale, Gaskell Hall, 10am -12pm.
Cheers, Debbie x



From Alice
Hi, for those of you who don’t already know I have been selected to represent Lonsdale District Scouts at the World Scout Jamboree in Japan this year. To cover some of the costs I have to raise £2,000 through fundraising. The fundraising by myself and the three others representing the district will ensure that any scout in the area will be able to apply to go to the next World Jamboree in 4 years’ time (without needing their parents to fund £2000 to £3000).

The photograph above is of an amazing and unique piece of artwork which was created for the 10th year anniversary of the Silverdale and Arnside Arts Trail by the renowned local artist Debbie Copley (debbiesshed.com) and is suitably named ‘Our cute wee AONB’. It includes stained glass and ceramics to create the image of Arnside and Silverdale (you can see the Pepperpot and Arnside tower at the top).

Debbie has very kindly donated this artwork which at retail would cost around £150 but could be yours for as little as £1 if you buy just one raffle ticket! Of course, there is no limit on the number of tickets you can buy. To buy a raffle ticket please e-mail me back or ask me when you next see me as I will be carrying the raffle book around.
The raffle will be drawn at the Silverdale Coffee morning on Saturday 24th January which is also part of the fundraising. 
Please pass this message on to give other people the chance to own this wonderful artwork and support the Scout Association at the same time.
As a person who has had Debbie’s artwork for birthday presents I’m sure the winner will be extremely pleased!
Thanks,
Alice